Re: Oracle memory allocation on Linux 2.6

From: <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:55:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 17, 9:32 am, tomsla <tomasz.sla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> To solve the problem witch swapping out SGA and caching datafiles you
> should use HugePages on Linux

Yes, but they are allocated from Linux high memory. Depending upon the kernel and the available physical memory, this is not always an option.

> and for your Storage ORACLE ASM.
>
> That works perfect.

Thanks for your reply. I haven't tested ASM with RAC yet. Regarding I/O performance, have you found any drawback in using ASM rather than OCFS2? Received on Thu Apr 17 2008 - 03:55:57 CDT

Original text of this message