Problem with silent install of 10.2.0

From: <jnojr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

I want to set up a silent install of 10.2.0 under RHEL4u5 I created a response file, but noticed that when I did so, the first screen of the installer was not the "Select Installation Method" screen I get with just ./runInstaller, but a "Welcome" screen instead. When I try to use the response file, I get an error:

SEVERE:Values for the following variables could not be obtained from the command line or response file(s):
DEP_MODE(InstallType),
TLDepModes(TopLevelInstallType)
Silent install cannot continue.

Google turns up several instances of this happening, but no solutions. It looks like specifying -record changes the behavior of the installer, which is absolutely bizarre, but I don't know how else to explain this.

I would greatly appreciate replies CCed to my email address ( jnojr in the Yahoo! domain). I do not have access to any usable Usenet servers, and am only using Google out of desperation. I don't know if I'll be able to track or find my post with Google Groups. Received on Thu Apr 10 2008 - 13:27:02 CDT

Original text of this message