Re: Export the whole DB to ASCII file

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:58:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 12:01 pm, "pavel.ore..._at_gmail.com" <pavel.ore..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two Oracle 10G databases with some 3rdparty solution which
> should replicate the databases between them and keep them in full
> sync.
> To verify that the whole database is replicated properly I would like
> to export both databases to ASCII file and run diff on these files.
> So I am looking for some Oracle or others free utilities that can do
> this export task to ASCII file ?
>
> Thanks,
> Pavel

Toad by Quest software has a pretty good schema compare that can also do data compares.

Can you script out something via plsql that uses utl_file and writes out exactly what you want? Sure you can.

Hope the database contents aren't too large though. Received on Wed Apr 09 2008 - 15:58:24 CDT

Original text of this message