Re: Export the whole DB to ASCII file

From: mathewbutler <mathewbutler_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:43:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 5:01 pm, "pavel.ore..._at_gmail.com" <pavel.ore..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two Oracle 10G databases with some 3rdparty solution which
> should replicate the databases between them and keep them in full
> sync.
> To verify that the whole database is replicated properly I would like
> to export both databases to ASCII file and run diff on these files.
> So I am looking for some Oracle or others free utilities that can do
> this export task to ASCII file ?
>

> Thanks,

> Pavel

plsql developer also implements schema/data compares. Agree with mark Powell that a direct compare over db link is also possible.

A text export compare will likely highlight differences due to lack of cross db read consistency. This could be minimised byusing a db link. Received on Thu Apr 10 2008 - 02:43:38 CDT

Original text of this message