Re: SQL Server for Oracle DBA's

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:54:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 2, 1:56 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> Hmmmm....
>
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/intro....
>
> "Overview of the Oracle Instance
> An Oracle database server consists of an Oracle database and an Oracle
> instance. Every time a database is started, a system global area (SGA)
> is allocated and Oracle background processes are started. The
> combination of the background processes and memory buffers is called
> an Oracle instance."
>
> This darn database stuff is so confusing!

LOL!
I didn't say it was correct from the point of view of Oracle. It is a microslop document after all!
It is however quite correct for SS. For those who know Oracle the appropriate filtering can be applied, of course.

> So, what's the command to make the applications use the same
> transaction model?

None. But you'll find all the necessary commands to maintain a basic SQL Server
and Oracle environments. I'll look it up and post the link later. It's in one of Gary's entries in his blog, as well. Received on Tue Apr 01 2008 - 15:54:32 CDT

Original text of this message