Re: "ORA-12801 ORA-32696 HTI NO FREE SLOT" ON PX

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2008 13:24:35 GMT

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 04:01:10 -0700, ErikYkema wrote:

> Hi,
> (DB10.2.0.3.0, AIX5L)
> I am reading by a SQL select statement from a parallel table.
>
> I get "ORA-12801 ORA-32696 HTI NO FREE SLOT" and Metalink note says
> 288808.1
> "Cause: There is not enough memory.
> Action: Increase memory."
>
> What memory should I increase? The docs and the net are quite mute about
> the details of this error.
>
> Regards,
> Erik

Given that this is an error in PQ process, you probably need to increase PGA. The error message looks like a cryptic message from some memory handler, probably for SIGSEGV, which means that this is an OS problem. If I were you, I would ask system administrator to increase virtual memory size for the user processes. The "ulimit -a" command should show you the maximum size of virtual memory, per user, and increasing it shouldn't be a problem. It might require a reboot, though.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com