Re: Mixed 32/64 bit environment

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:18:22 GMT

hpuxrac wrote:

> What do you mean by an ORACLE_HOME setting in a listener.ora file?
>
> There may be a comment line at the top ... but it is just a comment
> line. Are you talking about extproc?

Nope. I was referring to the ORACLE_HOME= line in the SID_LIST for each SID_DESC.
> I think the question that you may be trying to ask if whether a 10g
> listener can service incoming requests to connect to a 9i database.
> Yes certainly it can.

That's partially right. The question is can a 64 bit 10g listener service requests for a 32 bit 9i database.

I forgot to mention in the OP that the platform is Solaris 10. Received on Thu Mar 27 2008 - 10:18:22 CDT

Original text of this message