TIMED_STATISTICS

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:09:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all:

Servers -- solaris/aix any OS
DB -- 9.2. & 10.2

What are others doing in setting "timed_statistics"? TRUE? FALSE?

Obviously it's dynamic, but, if you turn it off and you have to do some reactive tuning, you lose your statistics on your wait events before ever turning it back on. If you were doing some sql tracing, you would want it on.

I've seen some say you should only turn it on when you absolutely need it. I've also seen it where you just turn it on and don't worry about it. If I recall back in the 7.3.4 days, it was recommended to be turned off. Maybe someone with Oracle can weigh in on how expensive timed_statistics is to a database?

TIA,
Pete's Received on Wed Mar 26 2008 - 14:09:07 CDT

Original text of this message