9i runInstaller hangs - AIX 5.3 ML05

From: DP <dxpesse_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:54:15 -0700 (PDT)

I am pulling out what little hair I have left! I cannot get oracle to install on my AIX 5.3 Maint Level 05 box, the installer is very very slow, and hangs at different spots. The installler will say it is linking, but there are no ar, make etc. processes running, It will prompt for the next disk, but will never refresh.

It's a pretty sizable box 4CPU, 8GB RAM.

All install requirements (packages/patches) on the server has been met.

I am using reflection X, something we have used for a long time with no problems..

Any Ideas? I tried a silent Install with responseFile, but all that isntalls in is the Installer.

Any Idea's or suggentins would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

P.S.
Oracle Support has tried to help, but they cannont pinpoint anything either. Received on Mon Mar 24 2008 - 23:54:15 CDT

Original text of this message