Re: Apache/PHP/Oracle XE TNS:listener could not find available handler

From: Frank van Bortel <>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:41:24 +0100
> up.
> Does this mean that it is not dropping the connection once the page is
> finished loading? How can this be fixed?
> Thanks.

Correct - it is the cumulative number of connections the listener ever handled.

You do understand the concept of a listener, don't you? It ultimately hands off the connection request to a dedicated process - and that will die off.

Try a few netstat -a commands, and you'll see another port appearing as couterpart of the 1521; that would be the process, handling your connection. It should die, and another should appear upon a new connection request.
Which is, by the way, the *ultimate* way to make *any* server crumble. Please look into connection pooling.

Frank van Bortel

Top-posting in UseNet newsgroups is one way to shut me up