Apache/PHP/Oracle XE TNS:listener could not find available handler

From: www.douglassdavis.com <douglass_davis_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:06:46 -0700 (PDT)

I have an Apache server, PHP 5.2.5 and Oracle 10g Express Edition for development purposes on my laptop running Windows XP.

I am using OCI to connect to Oracle from PHP

I am using MDB2 database abstraction library.

Occasionally when I load a page I will get this error: ORA-12520: TNS:listener could not find available handler for requested type of server
MDB2 Error: connect failed

When I try to connect from Oracle SQL developer: ORA-12519: TNS: no appropriate service handler found

When I run lsnrctl services:

Service "xe" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "xe", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...     Handler(s):

      "DEDICATED" established:85 refused:0 state:blocked

It appears that the "established" number is not going down, only going up.

Does this mean that it is not dropping the connection once the page is finished loading? How can this be fixed?

Thanks. Received on Sun Mar 16 2008 - 19:06:46 CDT

Original text of this message