Re: Oracle on Windows vs Solaris or Linux ?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 11:28:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 15, 7:25 am, "Tony Rogerson" <tonyroger..._at_torver.net> wrote:
> People dish it out to me, I dish it back - that's how life works.

It's not how I work - but certainly I understand that I'm perhaps a bit unusual, and in an case hadn't seen you being on the receiving end.

> The point about the MVP is that I don't work for it - if MS choose to give
> me it then that's great, however, it does not change my belief system, it
> does not change how I respond to people bullies like celko and Denial Again;
> yes, the MVP gives me benefits but MS also gets stuff back for instance me
> driving the SQL Community here in the UK which is flurishing.

Indeed, I see as similar to the Oracle ACE designation that Daniel has (http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:182894176719382::NO: 4:P4_ID:32 ) though more established. It still seems to me a pity that community leaders have been 'dishing it out' but I'm sorry that it appears I incorrectly attributed that to just you.

Niall Received on Sat Mar 15 2008 - 13:28:31 CDT

Original text of this message