Re: Do other LDAP server work with Oracle RDBMS as name resolution ??

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: 12 Mar 2008 22:00:37 +0100

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:15:00 +0100, codadilupo wrote:

> wrote:

>> But if Oracle RDBMS is LDAP compliant, would it then be possible to
>> install fx. an open source LDAP and use this as a solution ??

> If you already have an opensource LDAP server up and running this seem
> to be a reasonable solution, but if you have to install and configure it
> from scratch I can't see the advantage over installing and configuring
> OID from scratch.
> C:

I second that. I used OpenLDAP once and I lost the directory when the underlying Berkeley DB got corrupt. OID is free, if used only for the name resolution. I didn't save any money and I suffered considerable embarassment because of OpenLDAP. I trust my Oracle RDBMS more then I trust Berkeley DB. The price is about the same. Microsoft active directory is supported.