Re: Oracle on Solaris or Linux

From: Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK>
Date: 12 Mar 2008 06:01:21 GMT

Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> What aspects of the choice are you interested in? Financial? Technical?
> If you consider just the quality of the OS, Solaris wins, hands down.
> Maybe you should form a preconception, find some people on this group to
> support your point of view and then use that as an argument for your
> damagement. That is what is known as an "informed choice". PHB would be
> proud.
> And now, something completely different: the real selection process.
> Somebody should outline user needs, available funds, do detailed
> calculations, ask for references, do benchmarks and check the
> availability of qualified people in your area. Purchase of a platform
> must be done as a project.
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> http://mgogala.freehostia.com

This is an open discussion without my preference.

If one think that Oracle+Linux is good, please list the points. If one think that Oracle+Solaris is good, please list the points.

Let everyone LEARN more from listing points and ideas. Well, I emphasized on Oracle+OS, not comparing Solaris and Linux.

--
Johnson Chow