Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: --CELKO-- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

>> I think usually installing Oracle is contractor's job, because it is very complex and you don't do it often. That's why many shops don't waste their resources training permanent employees - bringing in contractors for a relatively short time is much cheaper. <<

That is one of the reasons I am not a big Oracle fan; it is complex. If your people don't learn configuration and tuning (at least at the basic level), then you will always have contractors doing constant minor tuning. And that they are willing to come immediately after each and every little bump along the way, so you don't lose production time. Received on Tue Mar 11 2008 - 14:42:22 CDT

Original text of this message