Re: consolidation of multiple rows

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 18:43:52 -0500

>>> http://www.dbmsmag.com/artin301.html#A000009
>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Wikipedia%22+and+%22Joe+Celko...
>> Not necessarily.  There are a lot of top notch programmers and DBA's who
>> have never heard of Joe Celko.

> But clearly every good programmer and every good DBA knows who
> Torvalds is. Also IMO every good programmer knows who Stroustrup is.

I'd say wrong on both counts. There are a lot of programmers who have never heard of either - because they aren't into Linux or C++, for instance.

I would suspect more know of Stroustrup, but even that's a relatively small number of all programmers.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address