Re: ORA-12641: Authentication service failed to initalize

From: eric <eric.olson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:24:49 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 6, 4:11 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Mar 6, 11:43 am, eric <eric.ol..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > i've already gone through the steps to obtain my ticket with ktpass,
> > and setup krb5.conf, krb.conf, and tnsnames.ora.
>
> > when i obtain my ticket (it appears to work -- no errors produced).
> > however, when i go to connect: sqlplus /@kb_oracle i get the following
> > error: ERROR: ORA-12641: Authentication service failed to initalize,
> > and get prompted to enter my password? anyone have any ideas??
>
> > thanks,
>
> > eric
>
> Note:185897.1 on metalink is a troubleshooting guide, it notes the
> usual answer (enable tracing), as well as
> "Problem: Typographical error in the sqlnet.ora file.
> Most of the setting for Kerberos authentication in the sqlnet.ora file
> have the string '.KERBEROS5_' within them. The 'S5' often gets entered
> incorrectly. "
>
> There's also a possible NTS issue if you are using windows, but since
> you don't say, I won't.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.http://blogs.zdnet.com/projectfailures/

thanks. i had tracing enabled, but didn't see anything helpful. i'll go back and check over my stuff again. we are using windows (server 2003). if i had my config here right now, i'd post it (but i'm mobile right now). i do remember this line though...

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(KERBEROS5, BEQ) Received on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 17:24:49 CST

Original text of this message