Re: howto update meterialized view log's pctused larger than 0 on oracle 9.2.0.1

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 04:48:50 -0800

haomiao wrote:
> Hi
> I want to create a meterialized view log with pctused larger than
> 0, but failed.
> My oracle is 9.2.0.1.
>
> First, I use
> create materialized view log on tbl_term_inf tablespace
> tjsplog;
> then through toad, I find the pctused is 0. This will cause my
> table space grow
> fill under large pressure.
>
> Then, I use
> create materialized view log on tbl_term_inf tablespace
> tjsplog pctfree 5 pctused 60;
> the pctfree is changed, but pctused is still 0.
>
> Then I use
> alter materialized view log on tbl_term_inf pctused 60;
> still not work.
>
> How can I change this parameter in 9.2.0.1?
> Is this a bug of 9.2.0.1?

Why would you want to create an MV log witha PCTFREE other than 0? Why would you want to work in an unsupported product? Why would you want to work in an unpatched product?

Do you understand what an MV log is and does? Why leave empty room in a block? A desire to waste disk space? Please explain your reasoning or read the docs. And, either way, upgrade to something supported and patched.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor