Re: howto update meterialized view log's pctused larger than 0 on oracle 9.2.0.1

From: haomiao <miaohaoz_at_ustc.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 06:02:54 -0800 (PST)

> Why would you want to create an MV log witha PCTFREE other than 0?
I did some MV freshing test.

       Machine1(9207)     Machine2(9201)   Machine3(9207)
       There is a table tbl_term_inf on both Machine2 and Machine3
with MV log.
       I want to fresh two tbl_term_inf  tables to Machine1. The fresh
period is 1 minute.
       On both Machine2 and Machine3,  there are a lot of update on
tbl_term_inf.
 The result is
       fresh from Machine3 is ok
       fresh from Machine2 is ok first, after some minutes, the table
space is full, and updating fail.
 I find that
       in 9207, MV log 's default pctused is 30
       in 9201, MV log 's default pctused is 0
 I guess that it is perhaps this 0 pctused parameter which cause tablespace full. But I can not alter this parameter in 9201 larger than 0.

 Or there is some other reason of this full table space?

> Why would you want to work in an unsupported product?
> Why would you want to work in an unpatched product?
 This 9201 is used in my company's product emvironment, so it is not easy to update. Received on Tue Mar 04 2008 - 08:02:54 CST

Original text of this message