Re: Adding days past weekend

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:27:28 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 29, 1:59 pm, DJH <NOS..._at_NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
>     I would like to add 5 days to sysdate to form a date. That would be
> easy. But I would like to add 5 days to sysdate but roll to the next
> week day if sysdate+5 falls on a weekend. What would be even nicer if
> there was a simple way to add days past federal American holidays was
> well. For now the 1st solution would suffice.
>
> Thanks

So, you're too lazy to look on google.com, or in this newsgroup's archives, to find such a 'solution'? And you feel entitled to demand someone else do your work for you? Shame, shame.

I'll give you a few pointers:

  • This should be a function.
  • You can probably find any number of hints in this newsgroup's archives; using the google interface allows you to search those archives (what a novel idea).
  • If that doesn't melt your butter then you can investigate the date functions, as well as the to_char function and the formats accepted, at http://tahiti.oracle.com. You'll need to select the version of Oracle you're using, first. I hope that isn't too much effort.

If you're still stuck then post what you've tried in an effort to solve this issue. We'll help you with more helpful pointers based upon what you've actually written. But, gee whiz, we won't write it for you.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Feb 29 2008 - 14:27:28 CST

Original text of this message