"Write once-Read many" table ?

From: <jm.scheiwiler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 07:16:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

For legal reasons, we would like to create tables where one can insert, select but never never delete nor update.

I know we can prevent delete and update with revoke grants or with triggers but this is not satisfactory because grants can be re-granted and triggers can be dropped.

We want to make sure that a line inserted will never be changed - even by the owner of the schema or by SYS or by any powerful dba.

Is there a way to achieve this ?
Is there a module to ensure this (database vault...) ?

Thank you in advance

Jean-Michel Received on Wed Feb 27 2008 - 09:16:05 CST

Original text of this message