Re: LGWR and DBWR

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:03:09 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 25, 4:33 am, Helma <helma.vi..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 feb, 02:52, "Dereck L. Dietz" <diet..._at_ameritech.net> wrote:
>
> > Oracle 10.2.0.3.0
> > Windows 2003 Server
>
> > Is it possible for improperly sized redo log files to be overwhelmed to the
> > point where it will cause a process which is performing a lot of writes to
> > multiple tables to stop processing without any error or reason in a log
> > file?
>
> No.
>
> With overwhelmed redo logfiles the error in the alert logfile would
> be:
>
> Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 50776
> Checkpoint not complete

Perhaps I'm misreading the OP, but isn't this the effect one sees when all redo's are full and Oracle can't switch to the next one? _Everything_ stops until it can switch... if the OP means just one process of many, that would be different.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0225/p01s02-usgn.html