Re: ORACLE 9i certification

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:28:58 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 19, 8:43 am, "allen.dar..._at_gmail.com" <allen.dar..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Oracle still administer the 9i exam, or is everyone preparing for
> the ORACLE 10g exams.
>
> I have a friend who is ORACLE 8i certified, he says he is skipping
> the Oracle 9i exam and going
>
> right to ORACLE 10g.
>
> Should we still be preparing for the Oracle 9i exam?

The street value of it is close to worthless. If you want to do it, I would suggest getting the 10g books from sybex, and getting the selftestsoftware.com. That would probably cost you about $600 total ($30 for the book, and IIRC, $125 for the software for each exam).

Although many feel its fundamental value is dubious at best, a lot of shops ask about it, which is all I care about.

Regards,

Steve Received on Tue Feb 19 2008 - 08:28:58 CST

Original text of this message