National Character Set.

From: LineVoltageHalogen <tropicalfruitdrops_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 07:39:02 -0800 (PST)

I have a quick question regarding character sets. Our application is written in .Net C# which means it is running in Windows. The Windows kernel uses the UCS-2 encoding which would imply that my national character set in Oracle (11g) should be AL16UTF16 and not UTF8. I know that from what I read that if the national character set was set to UTF-8 and I passed in UTF-16 from the application that no data loss would occur but that additional overhead would be incurred.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

TFD Received on Fri Feb 15 2008 - 09:39:02 CST

Original text of this message