Re: Problem with Oracle standby database (automatic transfer of archived logs)

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:21:19 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 4, 4:39 pm, zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> On Feb 4, 7:01 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:> zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> > > I am on HP UNIX 11 and still on Oracle 8.1.6.1 (cannot move to another
> > > version).
> > > I am in production now and I want this problem to be fixed quickly.
>
> > These two sentences ... put together ... are the laugh track for a movie.
>
> > If no one can be bothered to patch something, even once in 10+ years,
> > they are in no position to ask for anything: Quickly or otherwise.
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> > University of Washington
> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> Unfortunately, in prviate comanies, bean counters rule. so I am stuck
> with supporting this system. There have been plans to move to new
> version for last  5+ years.....

And I bet the bean counters lease BMW's... or Escalades... or Lexus... eh? If your bean counters drive 12 year old Corollas with bald tires, get crackin' on that resume. If they don't, you might ask them why the companies critical infrastructure isn't as important as their car.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Buh-Bye SCO!  http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20080130145030314