Re: downloading 9i for linux

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:34:41 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 1, 4:42 am, pellicleund..._at_hotmail.com (Obakesan) wrote:
> Folks
>
> seems like a silly question, but I'm wanting to get back in touch with Oracle
> after a long absence, and was thinking of downloading 9i setting up a linux
> box and installing this on it. Thinking that this will refresh me with some of
> the admin things I've done and want to learn.
>
> any suggestions apart fromhttp://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/htdocs/li....
> html and go for it?
>
> See Ya
> (when bandwidth gets better ;-)
>
> Chris Eastwood
> Photographer, Programmer
> Motorcyclist and dingbat
>
> please remove undies for reply

I'd say go for 10 or 11. http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/linux/install/index.html

A read throught the 9i and 10i new features guides in the docs may be worthwhile. Also, if the terms LMT and DMT don't really light any bulbs, google for them. There's some decent blogs out there these days too. Don't be afraid to revel in newbietude: http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

And the concepts guide is mandatory, no matter how much experience you have.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
My alma mater:  http://www.ucsbalum.com/publications/Feature_Article.pdf