Re: connect databases via http

From: shakespeare <>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:13:24 +0100

"Ana C. Dent" <> schreef in bericht news:HtGoj.41493$Wt7.7180_at_newsfe14.phx...
> prunoki <> wrote in news:f8c01d18-c872-4a00-9fa6-
>> Hi,
>> Do you know of any means to connect two Oracle 10g databases via http
>> or https without using a middle tier (php, java, whatever...)? One db
>> here, one db there and the traffic have to go through company
>> firewalls. No proxys would be standing in the way, we get direct
>> connectivity via http. It would be very nice to be able to query the
>> other database somehow directly from pl-sql.
>> Regards,
>> Krisztian
> Oracle RDBMS does not speak hhtp or https.
> So the short answer is, "NO!".

This is not completely true, the oracle listener can also accept http requests, and listen to port 80. A database can be contacted through http without having a http server.
If the above functionality can be built with that... I doubt it. One could perform procedure/function calls over http...

Shakespeare Received on Fri Feb 01 2008 - 09:13:24 CST

Original text of this message