Re: Oracle Internet Directory, Integration Server

From: Mattias <mattias_at_freefarm_se_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 02:50:47 -0800 (PST)

I still can't get this to work. I made a simple example and created a DIT like this:

dn: dc=tz
dc: tz
objectclass: top
objectclass: domain

dn: cn=Hans,dc=tz
cn: Hans
sn: Malmgren
objectclass: top

objectclass: person
objectclass: organizationalperson
telephonenumber: 1

Then I made a LDIF-file to change the telephonenumber: dn: cn=Hans ,dc=tz
changetype: modify
replace: telephonenumber
telephonenumber: 15

Every time I run the change LDIF-file I also change the telephonenumber to 16, 17, 18... and so on. I can see in the OIDmanager  (in the entry management) that the telephonenumber changes when I run the modifying LDIF-file.

I have an old installation of OID. I get this to work in the old istallation on another machine. But I can't get it to work in in the new one. So there must be something missing in how the servers are configurated.

I have found out that the export LDIF-file must be deleted before any new changes are expordet.

I think the DIP-server is necessary. I guess that it is the DIP-server that "listen" for changes and trigger the export.

I don't think bootstraping is necessary for exporting to a LDIF-file. At least it worked in the old server without bootstraping.

I have my profile set "enabled".

So I guess the key to success is to start the DIP-server in the right way. This is my start up command:

oidctl connect=mm server=odisrv instance=1 config=1 flags="port=3060" start

(mm = my tns name)

What about the parameters instace=1 and config=1 ?? What do they refere to? In various documentation I have often seen this command with the parameters
instance=2 config=1 flags="port=3060"

Why instance=2 ???

Also I have checked that I have a process running called oidmon.exe, so I guess that the oidmon is running.

I made a few screen dumps:
http://www.freefarm.se/oid/

There are no files at all in:
C:\OraHome_1\ldap\odi\log

Any ideas? Received on Fri Feb 01 2008 - 04:50:47 CST

Original text of this message