Re: Oracle Internet Directory, Integration Server

From: shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:57:18 +0100

"Mattias" <mattias_at_freefarm_se_at_yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:b57a74d1-0e30-4a5b-9080-9003be3d1c3e_at_z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
>I still can't get this to work. I made a simple example and created a
> DIT like this:
>
> dn: dc=tz
> dc: tz
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: domain
>
> dn: cn=Hans,dc=tz
> cn: Hans
> sn: Malmgren
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: person
> objectclass: organizationalperson
> telephonenumber: 1
>
> Then I made a LDIF-file to change the telephonenumber:
> dn: cn=Hans ,dc=tz
> changetype: modify
> replace: telephonenumber
> telephonenumber: 15
>
> Every time I run the change LDIF-file I also change the
> telephonenumber to 16, 17, 18... and so on. I can see in the OID-
> manager (in the entry management) that the telephonenumber changes
> when I run the modifying LDIF-file.

Is telephone number an attribute in your export-mapping?

> I have an old installation of OID. I get this to work in the old
> istallation on another machine. But I can't get it to work in in the
> new one. So there must be something missing in how the servers are
> configurated.
>
> I have found out that the export LDIF-file must be deleted before any
> new changes are expordet.

That's correct, if this was not the case you would loose changes by overwriting the previous file

> I think the DIP-server is necessary. I guess that it is the DIP-server
> that "listen" for changes and trigger the export.
>
> I don't think bootstraping is necessary for exporting to a LDIF-file.
> At least it worked in the old server without bootstraping.

Bootstrapping updates the last change number AND is a way to test your profile: if you don't get output, there must be something wrong with your profiles.

> I have my profile set "enabled".
>
> So I guess the key to success is to start the DIP-server in the right
> way. This is my start up command:
>
> oidctl connect=mm server=odisrv instance=1 config=1 flags="port=3060"
> start
>
> (mm = my tns name)
>
> What about the parameters instace=1 and config=1 ?? What do they
> refere to? In various documentation I have often seen this command
> with the parameters
> instance=2 config=1 flags="port=3060"

Instance is not important. You can run several instances of one server (OIDLDAPD, ODISRV) and they must have different instance numbers per server (so instance=1 is allowed on ldapd and odisrv at the same time). Config is important. Profiles you create run in a certain configset in OID. You can check in your OID manager what the config number is. For these profiles, normally it would be 1.

> Why instance=2 ???

Because you MAY already have an instance=1, running with configset 0 (a hidden, default configset, used e.g. for portal account caching) If not use instance=1.

> Also I have checked that I have a process running called oidmon.exe,
> so I guess that the oidmon is running.
>
> I made a few screen dumps:
> http://www.freefarm.se/oid/

And they show the cause! Your server is running at port 389, not 3060.. So leave out the port parameter.

For clarity: could you also show the 'execution' tab?

> There are no files at all in:
> C:\OraHome_1\ldap\odi\log

That is a sign it's not working, you should at least get trace files there. (.TRC)

> Any ideas?

Yes!

Shakepeare Received on Fri Feb 01 2008 - 06:57:18 CST

Original text of this message