Question about Oracle 10g install

From: charlie cs <charliecs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 15:29:49 GMT

Dear group,

We hired some contractor to help us install Oracle 10.2.0.3 RAC on Red-Hat linux 64-386.

After the installation, everything works fine. But when going over his configuration, i noticed that he did not put

session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so in /etc/pam.d/login

as required by Oracle documents.

When questioned, the contrator told me that is what his company told him to do.

Could somebody tells me what is "session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so" suppose to do? Does it hurt if we did not put it in /etc/pam.d/login?

Thanks for your help.

charlie cs Received on Sun Jan 27 2008 - 09:29:49 CST

Original text of this message