was(can someone please explain what this blog tagging this is all about?), now, happy NY!

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:39:29 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 24, 3:07 am, "shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

> hjr has left the building..........................
>
> Shakespeare

dang!

I go away for a short holiday and
what happens?

First:

Someone puts out a video of Oracle being "instantly" installed. Of course, that someone forgot the lost hours in research trying to find how many extra patches need to be installed to get anything working, the hours lost installing 10.2 base, then installing 10.2.0.3 on top of it because Oracle hasn't yet merged the two into a single install, etcetc. But the whole demented misinformation must go on...

Second:

Sun buys MySQL (cough,splutter!...)
still trying to digest this one. reminds me of Telstra buying Kaz 4 years ago, over here: another total wipeout of a valuable service by demented CEOs with more cash than brains...

Yes, I've read the comments, please do me the favour of not patronising me: I know what I'm talking about and am old enough to form my own opinions, don't need your interpretation of reality!

Third:

Someone starts a chain letter through OraNA and bang: HJR gets pissed off with what has been happening with that aggregator for 12 months and throws in the towel!

Man, talk about over-reaction. Sorry HJ: I love you man, but that's what it looks like to me. Of course, I respect your decision and won't comment on its reasons. That however doesn't mean I won't have an opinion.

Finally:

While I'm here and on the subject of aggregators and the blogsphere (nothing to do with HJ and his reaction, therefore),

What happened with OraNA has been happening for more than 12 months, since the whole demented idea of everyone commenting on everyone else's blog started: it's completely unnecessary and redundant, stuffs up aggregators and adds nothing to the blogsphere and its content.

Other than taking "inconvenient" post lines off OraNA as fast as possible.

But like so many other Oracle-marketing "initiatives", it's been followed by the crowds with the regular, inane and stupid "bah-bah" approach.

Well, like others pointed out: stuff it, it's not that important what happens with aggregators. In fact, I'm finding the whole blogsphere and Internet Oracle info so useless nowadays that it hardly even bleeps when something like chain letters happen.

There, I said it.

Is there no end to surprises for 2008? Darn it: next time I'm taking a shorter holiday!

Roll on the "db2 will take over Oracle very soon" moronic stupidity that happens like clockwork every year, around this time...

:-)

Happy NY everyone! Received on Wed Jan 23 2008 - 20:39:29 CST

Original text of this message