Re: Oracle Financial 11i installation on WinXP

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:30:46 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 21, 7:36 am, bpascal..._at_googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi Jagjeet,
>
> My laptop is a Dell D410 with 512 Mb Ram, 60 Gb Hd with 2 partitions
> (25 gb for Ubuntu which I think runs better than Windows on this type
> of laptop...not too fast not too old...and 15 gb for Windows and the
> remaining for data = near 20gb). I have an additional 160gb Usb hd
> bought for Oracle 11i Application and the example database.
>
> I know I am low on Ram (512), I'll try to upgrade to 1gb.
>
> -o-However, can you tell me if I can install and run Oracle 11i
> application with 512MB ram?
> I am not looking after performances. Later my goal would be to
> download and install Oracle on Redhat.
>
> -o-Should staging purpose take place on the 160 Gb?
>
> -o-I mean should I unzip all the files there?
> I would prefer to unzip all files on the family computer which is a
> high perfomance Dell XPS 410 desktop PC ... unziping can be done
> quickly ... and then burn dvds ...
>
> -o-Where can I find a list of the files that should be on dvd and the
> title I should give to this dvd.
>
> -o-So if I am to unzip all file on a 160Gb on a hd (usb) then, can the
> installation use the remaining space on the same disk?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pascal Baro

Hi Pascal,

It has been along time, but I know I installed 11.5.5 on a computer with 512MB of RAM (same as you, I needed to get up to speed on it) back in 2001. I forget what the dot release is now, so resource requirements may have changed, though. What release are you installing?

HTH, Steve Received on Tue Jan 22 2008 - 09:30:46 CST

Original text of this message