Re: RAC 10.2 on ASM, windows - How to create pfile from spfile (ASM)

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:12:33 +0000

Mark D Powell wrote:
> On Jan 18, 10:53 am, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:

>> On 18 Jan, 15:45, Pedro Lopes <pedro.lo..._at_netvisao.pt> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> how can I create a pfile (on filesystem) from spfile, if spfile is on ASM.
>>> I cannot open my db with startup nomount.
>>> I have an ORA-00371: not enough shared pool memory
>>> I'm trying to fix this but cannot create the pfile.
>>> thanks,
>>> pedro
>> SQL> create pfile = '<path>/<filename>' from spfile;
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> -g

> pedro, you also have the option of starting the database using an
> init.ora that you create. Once started via the init.ora should be
> able to access the existing spfile to make the necessary changes and
> then restart the instance using the spfile.
>
> It is a pretty good idea to extract an onit.ora backup of the spfile
> on a regular basis and direct this file to a backup area. While you
> are making text backups also dump the control file to trace on a
> regular basis. In the event of a major diaster having these text
> backups can prove useful.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

Thanks for the advice :)

I was able to recreate the pfile, edit and replace the spfile using :

SQL> create pfile = '<path>/<filename>' from spfile='DISK_GROUP/../spfile';

btw, the database don't need to be in nomount.

cheers,
pedro Received on Sun Jan 20 2008 - 13:12:33 CST

Original text of this message