Re: RAC 10.2 on ASM, windows - How to create pfile from spfile (ASM)

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 06:40:04 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 18, 10:53 am, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 18 Jan, 15:45, Pedro Lopes <pedro.lo..._at_netvisao.pt> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > how can I create a pfile (on filesystem) from spfile, if spfile is on ASM.
>
> > I cannot open my db with startup nomount.
>
> > I have an ORA-00371: not enough shared pool memory
>
> > I'm trying to fix this but cannot create the pfile.
>
> > thanks,
> > pedro
>
> SQL> create pfile = '<path>/<filename>' from spfile;
>
> HTH
>
> -g

pedro, you also have the option of starting the database using an init.ora that you create. Once started via the init.ora should be able to access the existing spfile to make the necessary changes and then restart the instance using the spfile.

It is a pretty good idea to extract an onit.ora backup of the spfile on a regular basis and direct this file to a backup area. While you are making text backups also dump the control file to trace on a regular basis. In the event of a major diaster having these text backups can prove useful.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Jan 19 2008 - 08:40:04 CST

Original text of this message