Re: can someone please explain what this blog tagging this is all about?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:01:51 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 15, 7:16 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2:37 pm, dizw..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Well, sorry you feel that way, but your comments about blog
> > aggregators clearly indicate you don't use them and you don't
> > understand them. If you did, you wouldn't say things like "just switch
> > to another one" because you would know that what affects one affects
> > them all, by their very nature. Sorry, but them's the facts. What I
> > was trying to say is, don't try and build too much of a case of such
> > very shaky foundations, If you don't understand what happened to OraNA
> > and why it's significant, that's fine: nothing wrong in not using a
> > service you have no use for. But it's probably not such a good idea to
> > make pronouncements about someone's behaviour when you don't (appear
> > to) know much about the actual reality that has given rise to that
> > behaviour.

I am another one that doesn't use news readers or blog aggregators apparently. Suits me just fine thanks. So to me anyhow it's not significant.

What does interfere with usage of oracle internet resources is things that go offline and online. In this specific case I was thinking about checking out ( dora I think it was ... linux kernel and user setup tool I believe ).

If this stuff is going to be offline long term then maybe it could get re-hosted somewhere else?

> But it doesn't affect them all the same.  Otherwise, why would
> oraclick still show the tags and orana not?  Neither has been taken
> offline - would you say oraclick was entirely up and running to begin
> with?  I wouldn't.  I think oraclick just demonstrates what happens
> with a rating system that lacks a critical mass.  But I did see a tag
> that I wouldn't have otherwise, for good or bad.
>
> I think we may all know more than we wanted to about the rise of this
> behavior.

Not me I guess. Never heard of oraclick ... or orana either apparently. C'est la vie. Received on Tue Jan 15 2008 - 19:01:51 CST

Original text of this message