the opposite of DCD (dead connection detection)??

From: Ben <benalvey_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 07:52:52 -0800 (PST)

10.2.0.2 AIX 5.2 64bit.

Idle connections are getting terminated in databases on one of our servers. I've checked profiles and resource plans to see if any have a limit on idle time and there are none. It was first noticed in an application and I've since been testing scenarios using sqlplus and it happens with sqlplus also. I also thought it was limited to connections that were coming in from another server but that isn't the case either.

Certain things that stand out. It doesn't happen if the connection is for the sysdba user. It doesn't happen if the connection is a local connection that doesn't have the @sid in the connection string.

Any thoughts? Received on Wed Jan 09 2008 - 09:52:52 CST

Original text of this message