Re: the opposite of DCD (dead connection detection)??

From: bdbafh <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:14:35 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 9, 10:52 am, Ben <benal..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> 10.2.0.2 AIX 5.2 64bit.
>
> Idle connections are getting terminated in databases on one of our
> servers. I've checked profiles and resource plans to see if any have a
> limit on idle time and there are none. It was first noticed in an
> application and I've since been testing scenarios using sqlplus and it
> happens with sqlplus also. I also thought it was limited to
> connections that were coming in from another server but that isn't the
> case either.
>
> Certain things that stand out. It doesn't happen if the connection is
> for the sysdba user. It doesn't happen if the connection is a local
> connection that doesn't have the @sid in the connection string.
>
> Any thoughts?

Is there a host-based firewall in use (meaning on the localhost)?

Can you test out this for connection on the same subnet (that would not traverse a router) vs. connections from clients not on the same subnet?

This sure smells like a network issue where (translated) connections are being timed out.

Start working with the network techs to see if they have any ideas.

-bdbafh Received on Wed Jan 09 2008 - 10:14:35 CST

Original text of this message