Re: database assistant 8.0.5 is not executing

From: Markus Tazl <m_tazl_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:38:28 -0800 (PST)

On 3 Jan., 16:12, chijar <chi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have anOracle8.0.5inWindows2000 Server.
> Please, give me a light, when i execute PROGRAMS--oracleforwindows
> nt --OracleDatabase Assistant. This app not function. Only shows a
> cursor and not shows any screen or window and i dont know why ??? Do
> you know what is the file.exe that execute this application? or know
> what happen ?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Cesar.

in case that you are still stuck with this Oracle-Win2k-Problem : did you change
any settings / path / environment on your machine before these errors occured ?
I had a similar problem (years ago) when i had to do a reinstall after a harddisk-crash.
Check your environement, you should be sure to use the JRE that came with your Oracle software ...

Hope that helps.

best regards,
Markus Tazl Received on Tue Jan 08 2008 - 10:38:28 CST

Original text of this message