Re: Oracle 10g - db_recovery_file_dest and db_recovery_file_dest_size

From: joel garry <>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 14:36:23 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 3, 8:15 am, DA Morgan <> wrote:
> wrote:
> > Thanks Daniel.
> > But  I would like to know if there is a practice that is generally
> > followed like RMAN backup and archived backups will be one location
> > whereas Flash Db recovery data will be in some other place and so on ?
> > thanks.
> > Madhu M
> As with most things ... it depends.
> Generally speaking I will multiplex redo logs with one copy going to the
> FRA and the other to a second location. Given that disk is disk is disk
> and that 750GB drives are under $200 USD it makes more sense to just by
> more disk than to worry much about it.

$200 for the disk... but how much for the place to plug it in to? :-)

-- is bogus.  After a Labor Day fight in Pacific Beach, the San
Diego City council voted in a one-year ban of drinking on the beach.
The ban will be overturned if enough signatures are gathered on a
petition by tomorrow.  So today, a group is giving away free beer to
people signing the petition. "Pyrotechnics
(well, at least a fire of some sort) " lol