Re: Oracle 10g - db_recovery_file_dest and db_recovery_file_dest_size

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 08:15:07 -0800
> But I would like to know if there is a practice that is generally
> followed like RMAN backup and archived backups will be one location
> whereas Flash Db recovery data will be in some other place and so on ?
> thanks.
> Madhu M

As with most things ... it depends.

Generally speaking I will multiplex redo logs with one copy going to the FRA and the other to a second location. Given that disk is disk is disk and that 750GB drives are under $200 USD it makes more sense to just by more disk than to worry much about it.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group