Re: irrevelant with this group but i really need help (About bringing a suit against Oracle University Turkey)

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 08:30:38 -0800

Bora Yuret wrote:
> [...]
> instructor. And i have never been an employee of Oracle Turkey.
>
> The documentation is Sideris courseware(www.sideriscourseware.com), i
> did not write. I was the instructor of OUT for 4 years, so i know the
> rules well. I have never copied any Oracle documentation, and did not
> use slides, labs, etc. Sideris provides all of them for me.
>
> I only use Oracle Database XE, and they tell me that it is a crime to
> use XE without the authorization of Oracle Turkey. But i do not think
> so. I can not just understand Oracle University Turkey. I am helping
> people to learn Oracle Database, and when they finished the education,
> they want to work with Oracle products. This is a benefit for Oracle
> Turkey, not crime.
>
> But they still want to stop my educations. But with your help, i
> understood that it is legal to use Oracle Database XE for my
> educations. So there is no problem. The court will give the right
> decision.
>
> Again very thanks for your help,
>
> Bora YÜRET
> HedefBilgi Bilisim Akademisi
> (www.hedefbilgi.com)
>

> On Jan 2, 3:19 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> Bora Yuret wrote:
>>> Thanks for your answer,
>>> I think the problem is being an alternative for Oracle University
>>> Turkey educations.
>>> I got a warning form Oracle Turkey's lawyer that i was using Oracle
>>> database without license
>>> and i was using Oracle education courseware.
>>> But i am using Oracle Database XE for the database and using Sideris
>>> courseware for my educations.
>>> I also think that the problem is another thing. But i do not know
>>> what. They only warned me that i couldn't use
>>> Oracle Database for my educations. And i wondered if it was forbidden
>>> to use Oracle Database XE without license.
>>> the problem is about Gokhan Uguroglu, the manager of Oracle University
>>> Turkey.
>>> He doesn't allow any companies to provide Oracle educations except two
>>> company.
>>> But i do not know to whom i can complaint about him.
>>> So i decided to go to Court about this subject.
>>> Thanks for your help,
>>> Bora YURET
>>> HedefBilgi Bilisim Akademisi
>>> (www.hedefbilgi.com)
>> The question of whether someone can or can not use XE has been clearly
>> spelled out in the wording of Oracle's XE license posted here, posted in
>> the Informix forum, and posted on Oracle's site.
>>
>> It appears that this real issue is something else entirely. Did you sign
>> a non-compete agreement with Oracle? A simple yes or no will suffice to
>> answer the question of what is actually going on.
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
>> University of Washington
>> damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

Every document on Oracle's website related to XE licensing, and every statement by Oracle VP Mark Townsend clearly states that XE can be used for training.

Assuming everything you've said is the truth, I note you still have not made the actual doc available for us to read, then send Oracle U a copy of their own licensing docs, the statements by their own VP, and ignore them or, better yet, hire an attorney to send them a letter telling them to stop it.

I still have doubts you are giving an accurate accounting of the facts given you have not made the correspondence public so your statements can be verified.