Re: Oracle + VMWare

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 00:37:00 -0800 (PST)

The full story is: they have their own Linux stripped down with a custom management UI. I cannot remember where exactly I found that bit but it was somewhere on the www.vmware.com site and / or in the docs.

> Anyhow, I don't think we would have choosen Windows as a host OS, more the
> other way around.

I once ran VMWare Server on a Windows XP 64bit and had no issues with Windows and Linux guests. I did not run an Oracle in either of those.

Kind regards

robert Received on Fri Dec 28 2007 - 02:37:00 CST

Original text of this message