Re: how to zip a csv file in a oracle procedure

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:53:52 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 27, 12:27 pm, mpacilio2..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> i need to zip a csv inside an oracle procedure.
> I create this file (120 MB) inside a procedure and i leave it in a
> shared folder but i need to zip it
>
> Is it possible calling an oracle command?
>
> Please help me
>
> Thanks in advance

Try UTL_BinFile package available at
http://www.dynamicpsp.com/prodb/data/Site/ZIPs/freebies/utlbinfile109.zip (sorry if this looks like an ad, the package is non-commercial.) The docs are inside, the only prerequisite is that target database has Java VM installed (that is, it won't work on Oracle XE.) With this package, you can create ZIP archives stored both externally, in the server file system, and internally, in a BLOB.

Hth,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Thu Dec 27 2007 - 05:53:52 CST

Original text of this message