Re: MMNL absent message in alert log

From: eAddict <eAddict_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:04:20 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 14, 8:36 am, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> This raises the question, have you hit a maximum specified size for a
> tablespace, or run out of room on the disk for a tablespace to
> autoextend?

Nope. Nothing is set to autoextend

> Are the redo logs failing to be archived due to lack of
> disk space?

Noe again. Plenty of space and a good routine to backup/remove them.

> Are you able to connect as the internal user, which should be able to
> connect even when SYS cannot (for instance, if all online redo logs
> are full and insufficient space is available in the archived redo
> location)?

Can't get it at an SQL prompt...

> If you bounce the listener, are you able to connect as the
> internal user?

Nope.

What I ended up doing was stopping R3 only and leaving oracle up, shutting down the listener so no one else could connect, and wait. About 30 minutes 1 process finished.... another 15 minutes the other.... then the last THEN the MMNL process ran off with ALL the CPU. There was nothing going on on the user level nor in the alert log so I just killed that process. I could then log in via SQL and shutdown immediate the database. I then brought it up - it came up with no errors, shut it down again, then brought it back up with R3. Fired up the listener. Folks started getting back in and all is now well.

Now to try to figure out why... Received on Mon Dec 17 2007 - 10:04:20 CST