Re: MMNL absent message in alert log

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2007 08:19:44 GMT

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:36:26 -0800, Charles Hooper wrote:

> A similar message appeared once in the alert logs of all database
> instances on my server (at roughly the same time)

Charles, it's a known bug. It is, as Douglas Adams would have said, mostly harmless. You can find more details in Metalink note 462402.1. The bug is still not fixed.
BTW, speaking of bug fixes, Oracle Corp. has promised 10.2.0.4 for the 4th quarter of 2007. I have been a good DBA throughout this year. All my databases were accessible to the users and I haven't lost a bit of data. Should I ask Santa or Dan Morgan to deliver my patchset through the chimney? This time frame doesn't leave them much choice. I doubt that any patchsets will be delivered between Christmas and New Year eve, which leaves them approximately a week. If I am allowed to make suggestions, Sybrand looks just like Santa. Having in mind his usual cheerful disposition, here is an appropriate Christmas carol for him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5CXYrSiCUk __
Mladen Gogala
http://mgogala.freehostia.com Received on Mon Dec 17 2007 - 02:19:44 CST