Re: OEM (dbcontrol) question

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:22:37 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 11, 7:47 am, EdStevens <quetico_..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Platform: Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 on HP-UX 11
>
> Just need to get pointed in the right direction after chasing my tail
> through several documents ... trying to run down a couple of items
> with OEM.
>
> First, the OEM home page is no longer reporting errors from the
> alert<sid>.log - it just shows "No ORA- errors" even though a manual
> check of the log shows daily occurances of 'WARNING: inbound
> connection timed out (ORA-3136)'. These used to get reported until
> recently, so I'm not sure where the disconnect occurred.
>
> Second, also on the OEM home page, the SQL Response Time section
> always reports 'Latest collection is empty'.
>
> A check of 'emctl status agent' indicates the agent is behaving
> normally, with xml file uploads occurring in a timely manner and no
> backlog of uploads.
>
> Again, I just need to get pointed in the right direction to find how
> to run these down.
>
> Thanks.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, but I suspect if you search for files with names like emd.properties you will find configurations that need to be reset. See the chapter about configuring log files in the Enterprise Manager Advanced Configuration manual. I'm guessing you will find the home directory is set wrong.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20071208/news_1b8black.html