Re: Installing MS-SQL and Oracle into a same server

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 03:29:05 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 9, 5:05 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> Put the Oracle database on Linux (free) which is where it belongs
> and the cost remains $0 for the operating system.

So now "exnterprise", who can afford more than the ice cream 10 employees, uses free software "where it belongs"?

> $3000 may be a lot of money for you and me. But it is pennies for
> a organization that is purchasing Oracle licenses, Windows licenses,
> servers, domain controllers, power conditioning, air conditioning,
> and paying the salary of someone such as yourself to manage it all.

Exactly. And the reason they pay guys like me is that we deliver viable, reliable and running systems. Instead of talking about them: talk is cheap. Received on Tue Dec 11 2007 - 05:29:05 CST