Re: Troubles with changing password for SYS in password file

From: mariok <mario.kackovic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 14:25:33 -0800 (PST)

On 7. Dec., 23:04 h., sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 04:33:31 -0800 (PST), mariok
>

> <mario.kacko..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> >> IMO disallowing alter user identified by values for SYS is a very good
> >> idea of Oracle.
> >> If you would allow this this would mean anyone can override the SYS
> >> password.
> >> So actually I don't see the problem, or you must be changing your SYS
> >> password on a crowded public place like St Peter's Square.
>
> >> --
> >> Sybrand Bakker
> >> Senior Oracle DBA- Skry? citovaný text -
>
> >> - Zobrazi? citovaný text -
>
> >Thanks for reply
>
> >But I only wanted to know if there is any way how to change password
> >for sys except "alter user" statement or orapwd utility because of
> >unencrypted password.
>
> >Mario K.
>
> I don't see the problem.
> Do you have 100 people looking over your shoulder?
> Do you work on St. Peters Square?
> In front of1600 Pennsylviana Avenue?
> If so or if you are a really slow typist, try connecting as SYS and
> use the password command, or write a SQL script using the ACCEPT
> command with the HIDE clause and the ALTER user command
> For the ACCEPT command seehttp://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14357/ch1200...
>
> Hopefully you didn't hardcode the SYS password in all of your
> scripts.
>
> Hth
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA- Skryť citovaný text -
>
> - Zobraziť citovaný text -

Thanks for reply, once more

But the ACCEPT command isn't the issue.

I have to make this clear:
There are more then 100-databases on more then 50-servers in my company.
My duty is to change passwords for more then 1000 database users(schemas, actually) including user SYS on a regular basis. I cannot do that by typing passwords. I have to automate this process and therefore I want to use "alter user <usr> identified by values '<hash>'" statement.
But user SYS is the issue.

Mario K. Received on Sat Dec 08 2007 - 16:25:33 CST