Re: Storage problems with Oracle Blobs.

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:34:16 -0800

Jon wrote:

> When I run my software that adds rows to the table I connect with
> another user which has the SYSDBA role.

No user, ever, should have the SYSDBA role with the sole exception of SYS. And SYS should only be used, infrequently, for those specific jobs that require it's privileges.

This is not just a violation of Oracle's "Least Privileges" rule it is a violation of any standard of security and governance.

Do yourself and your employer a big favor and learn how to manage Oracle properly.

By posting such insanity here you give newbies the impression that what you have done is acceptable: It is not.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor