Re: Storage problems with Oracle Blobs.

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 08:01:49 -0800 (PST)

On 5 Dec, 15:48, Jon <bone..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Firstly thanks for your responses.
>
> I have resolved the issue but would appreciate it if you could give me
> a understanding of why this is an issue.
>
> As detailed in my first post there are two users involved, the first
> user has the same name as the table schema and is the user I used to
> create the schema with. When the schema was created the user had the
> SYSDBA role, subsequently the SYSDBA role has been removed from the
> user.
>
> When I run my software that adds rows to the table I connect with
> another user which has the SYSDBA role. When I add a row to the table
> that contains a blob data field I get the follwing error: [Oracle]
> [ODBC][Ora]ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'USERS'.
>
> Granting the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE system privilege to the user who
> created the schema resolves the issue.
>
> I do not understand why the quota system should be using quota space
> from the schema owner, shouldn't it be using the quota space from the
> user who is inserting the data ???
>
> I look forward to your thoughts.
>
> Regards, Jon.

What do the following queries return?

select username, default_tablespace
from dba_users
where username in ('<user_1>', '<user_2>');

select username, tablespace_name, max_bytes from dba_ts_quotas
where username in ('<user_1>', '<user_2>');

Also, why do you insist on assigning the SYSDBA role to application logins?

HTH -g Received on Wed Dec 05 2007 - 10:01:49 CST